Wednesday August 10, 2011
Highlighting Some JVS Accomplishments in the Last Year
- Provided 87 people who have developmental disabilities with work and wellness activities at five YMCAs.
- Organized activities at JVS for 85 older adults who have developmental disabilities.
- Provided 53 people who are not able to get out of their homes independently with one-on-one interaction and personalized activities in their homes and at various community locations.
- Helped 47 people with disabilities start community employment.
- They earned an average wage of $9.44 per hour.
- Organized and supervised crews of people with developmental disabilities to work in four for-profit community businesses.
Employment and Training
- Provided work options for 357 people with disabilities who are unable to maintain employment in the community.
- Operated a fleet of 17 vehicles, transporting 145 people each day to employment and programming sites at JVS and in the community.
- Helped more than 70 people improve their academic skills to achieve greater levels of employability.
Cincinnati Career Network
- Helped 231 members of the Jewish community engage in effective job searches and improve their employability.
- More than 90 started new jobs, earning an average hourly salary of $24.74.
- At least 14 earn more than $80,000 per year.
The above outcomes report is for the 12 months ending Dec. 31, 2010.